March 17, 2010

Wistful, Wishful Wednesday



Sometimes I just daydream and get really caught up in my wishful thinking. Here are a few wishes on my mind today:
  1. I wish losing weight was easier than gaining weight.
  2. I wish losing weight wasn't a billion dollar business.
  3. I wish that I could be a stay-at-home-wife… I would love for someone else to bring home all of the bacon, and I’d gladly fry it up in the pan. And wash the pan when I was done. This is not to say that I wouldn’t work… but I don’t want to HAVE to work.
  4. I wish that I wasn’t going to be turning 40 in two months. I really wish that.
  5. I wish that people would yield to animals that attempt to cross a road. Right now, especially Canada geese… nothing hurts my heart more than seeing a Canada goose on the side of the road, dead. Especially during this season, when they’re mating and getting ready to start a family.
  6. I wish that Canada geese would FLY across roads instead of taking their gloriously slow time to walk and waddle and honk across the road. I mean, they DO have wings!
  7. I wish I had worked harder, when I was younger, to stay debt free. It’s taking an awfully long time to get there (debt free) now.
  8. I wish I could get more sleep at night. It isn’t that I can’t sleep… but I go to bed way too late for my sleep to be effective. I wish someone was making me adhere to a standard “bed time”
  9. I wish I could sing. In tune. I don’t want to be the next American Idol… but I’d love to not have people wince when I opened up my mouth to sing… even “Happy Birthday To You…”

    Seriously, I could peel paint off the walls.

    Well, maybe not literally. But - one of my (now deceased) cats, when I was much younger, used to bite me when I’d sing. Truth! One of my cats (now) will run from the room when I sing.

    Yeah, I’m that bad.
  10. I wish I had more energy/time/space/talent/courage/etc. to do the things I want to do, rather than the things I have to do.

Just sharing a few wistful, wishful thoughts from me today. How about you? What do you wish for?

5 comments:

  1. as for # 10, you do have the talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on 1, 2, and 9 especially. May all your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish losing weight was easier than gaining weight. MEEE TOOOO!!!!

    I wish that I could be a stay-at-home-wife… I would love for someone else to bring home all of the bacon, and I’d gladly fry it up in the pan. And wash the pan when I was done. This is not to say that I wouldn’t work… but I don’t want to HAVE to work. I wish I was a stay at home mom and wife...I'd be doing all the cooking and cleaning...it would make my happy...and for the first time since I got married, the house would actually meet my standards...

    I wish that I wasn’t going to be turning 40 in two months. I really wish that. Yea...i'll be 40 in a couple of weeks...I'm ok with it. I've had a great life. What I wish was that my BODY wasn't going to be 40 and looking like it. I wish my body could forever be about 30...cuz that is my best "body time."

    On the geese - I was driving home one night and came to a screeching halt behind 3 or 4 cars. Wondering what they were all stopped for, I watched and waited...pretty soon, here comes Goose, 4 goslings and a Gander in a nice little line...across the road.


    I wish I had worked harder, when I was younger, to stay debt free. Again with the MEEEE TOOOO! Although I am now debt free, it took me over 6 years of really hard work to get that way...now, tho...I'll never go back!

    I wish I could get more sleep at night. I wish I could seep more...problem isn't really my sleep...its these children I have. The phrase "sleeping like a baby" apparantly means getting up every couple of hours and wanting to play.

    I wish I could sing. I can sing...I wish I had more opportunity to use it. I was a professional vocalist and sang with a church ministry before we moved here. These days, only my boys, the shower and the car get to hear me sing. By the way, if you can sing, you ALWAYS get asked to start Happy Birthday...and frankly, sometimes ya just don't want to!


    I wish I had more energy/time/space/talent/courage/etc. to do the things I want to do, - you do. Its about priorities...God gives us gifts and talents to meet the challenges we have...its about tapping into what matters most right now.

    My wish...that I could somehow enjoy exercise...seriously, I do it, but because I have to. I envy those people who are out there running and concentrating and just having the time of their lives. For me, its a CHORE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, hun xx I'm so lucky that I can be a stay-at-home wife/mother, though I do work part-time (for my own sanity...) I love my husband so much for supporting me in that!

    I'm so with you on 1, 5, 6 and *especially* 8. Why am I so rubbish at going to bed???

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails