Sometimes I just daydream and get really caught up in my wishful thinking. Here are a few wishes on my mind today:
- I wish losing weight was easier than gaining weight.
- I wish losing weight wasn't a billion dollar business.
- I wish that I could be a stay-at-home-wife… I would love for someone else to bring home all of the bacon, and I’d gladly fry it up in the pan. And wash the pan when I was done. This is not to say that I wouldn’t work… but I don’t want to HAVE to work.
- I wish that I wasn’t going to be turning 40 in two months. I really wish that.
- I wish that people would yield to animals that attempt to cross a road. Right now, especially Canada geese… nothing hurts my heart more than seeing a Canada goose on the side of the road, dead. Especially during this season, when they’re mating and getting ready to start a family.
- I wish that Canada geese would FLY across roads instead of taking their gloriously slow time to walk and waddle and honk across the road. I mean, they DO have wings!
- I wish I had worked harder, when I was younger, to stay debt free. It’s taking an awfully long time to get there (debt free) now.
- I wish I could get more sleep at night. It isn’t that I can’t sleep… but I go to bed way too late for my sleep to be effective. I wish someone was making me adhere to a standard “bed time”
- I wish I could sing. In tune. I don’t want to be the next American Idol… but I’d love to not have people wince when I opened up my mouth to sing… even “Happy Birthday To You…”
Seriously, I could peel paint off the walls.
Well, maybe not literally. But - one of my (now deceased) cats, when I was much younger, used to bite me when I’d sing. Truth! One of my cats (now) will run from the room when I sing.
Yeah, I’m that bad.
- I wish I had more energy/time/space/talent/courage/etc. to do the things I want to do, rather than the things I have to do.
Just sharing a few wistful, wishful thoughts from me today. How about you? What do you wish for?