March 30, 2010

What I'd Say To My Littler Me


This month's emotion at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out is Nostalgia.  It has been both a wonderful and a hard trip down memory lane, and I did not scrap everything I had planned or hoped to.  I have so many ideas still, but I ran out of time.  Well, I ran out of time for the challenges.  Just because the month is over at SFTIO, doesn't mean I can't scrap nostalgia anymore.  I will definitely be spending more time "here".

The layout above is my response to one challenge on the boards to "speak to you as a little girl".  The challenge also said to make the layout "girly-girl" or "tomboy" depending on who you were.  I was very much a tomboy, but I liked being a girl too.  And despite what I'm wearing, I remember hating pink... and lace.

Here's the full challenge, so you can get an idea of what goes on over there (if you've never been to Inside Out before):

Little Girl: What are your memories of being a little girl? Were you cared for and cherished, or were you more of an adult in a child's body? Were you shy or outgoing? If you had sisters and/or brothers, were you treated the same way as they were by your parents, or were there differences? Were you a girly girl or a tomboy? Were there strong messages, from parents, grandparents or other adults about what your role was a a child, and about what you believed you could accomplish as a grown woman? If you have a daughter, do you find yourself treating her in very specific ways that are about her being a girl - are there different rules for girls and boys, and are they justified? What would you tell yourself as a little girl if you could go back and talk to her?


Please create a LO where you 'speak' to your 'little girl'. What would she need to hear to make her life easier? What do you want her to know?

As you can see in my layout, I had a lot to say.  I probably have much more to say.  Of course, what child listens to what their elders tell them, anyway?  But, boy... do I wish I had the opportunity...
 
What would you tell your younger self, if you were able?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and honest. I did a similar layout awhile ago. Blogged here: http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com/2009/04/little-more-digi-goodness.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails