March 10, 2010

Baby, You Can Drive My Car...

Six and a half hours.  That's how long I was in the car tonight after I left work.  Granted, it was broken up with a ... ahem... scrumptious dinner at a truck stop with my dad and stepmom.  Hmm, perhaps scrumptious isn't the right word... actually, words fail me. 

Remind me to tell you later of our lovely dinner... and my father's opinion on 'rinky dink' restaurants.  It's opposite of mine.  (Love ya, Dad!).

Anyhoo... six and a half hours.  I met my dad half way between my hometown in Ohio and his in New York to swap passengers (my stepmom).  Halfway is in Pennsylvania. 

What makes six and a half hours bearable, after a day of work?  Let me tell you... caffeine (lots of it), plenty of rest areas (need it after all that caffeine) and music that I can sing with at the top of my lungs.  And boy, did I...

But the very best part of the whole six and a half hour drive?

Three and a half hours of wonderful conversation with my stepmom.  I loved every minute of it.  Although, I will admit, I spoke for probably three hours and fifteen minutes of it... but hey... she got 15 minutes in.  LOL.  I am exaggerating.  Slightly. 

Why is she visiting?  Because she's joining me at the next scrapbook retreat I'm going on... Wednesday!  Woo Hoo! 

Yes, yes, I will post layouts.  Later.  Now, I must concentrate on what I'm going to scrap...

What projects are you dying to get done?

2 comments:

  1. Umm...the cruise and my portfolio for my online class. I am hoping to accomplish the latter on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails