Here is another photo of my old scrappin' area, before I moved downstairs:
Now, I show you these photos not to remind you of what my scrappin' space used to look like. Nor did I include this link to remind you what my new scrappin' space looks like.
The reason why I'm showing you this is because I am overwhelmed, overrun and overpowered by clutter. Not just in my scrapping area. In fact, I must admit I've been doing pretty well at keeping that particular clutter at bay. Not perfect, mind you, but pretty well.
My problem is... I have clutter everywhere. I can't seem to get a hold of it. I need HELP! Can you... will you... help me?
Here are my "issues" with clutter:
- I work 2 jobs and have a few extracurricular activities so most weekdays I am gone for 12 hours or more.
- On weekends, I occasionally work Saturdays but other than that if we don't have company over it's spent being lazy (because I've done so much over the week).
- Tables are my weak spot. I just drop things on tables and it stays there. I detest this about myself because I love a clean table top with just a nice little centerpiece. That is "never" in my house unless company is coming...
- Floors are another weak spot, especially in my bedroom. Things get dropped on the floor (e.g. shopping bags, shoes, books, etc.) and they stay there. Forever.
- I don't believe myself to be a hoarder, because I do throw away "crap" ... as in garbage... but... I have a hard time throwing away anything that someone else has given to me, even if it is useless. For example, my "kiss me I'm 40" pin that has a light flashing in it. Hello? What should I do with that? Or... old knick knacks that were my mothers. I don't want them, but because she is gone, I feel I need to keep them. For what?
- Crafting stuff that is a) not in my scrapbooking room but should be, or b) not scrapbooking related, but crafty related and I have no place to put it (i.e. my quilting and sewing).
- When I am home, I prefer sitting on my laptop wandering the internet, emailing, blogging and other fun computer-related festivities to cleaning house...