October 13, 2010

Craving!


I'm not one for candied apples.  I don't like the red candy around the apple... it sticks in my teeth and not really all that flavorful, to me.  I never was fond of caramel apples, either.  Not that I had many... it wasn't a treat we had around, that I remember, when I was growing up.  Besides, you can't tell what kind of mushy apple is beneath that caramel, which can ruin the entire experience.

One day my eldest brought home a gourmet caramel apple... and I was HOOKED!  Caramel and chocolate so thick the apple seems to be size of a pea?  And the apple was crisp and tart to counteract all that sweet?  A deadly, yet happy, treat!

We split one that day, and it was more than enough.  One of these apples... really... a single wedge would be enough of a "treat".  This is truly a decadent dessert that you can just about convince yourself it is a "healthy choice" because it has an apple at it's core.  Hahahah.

Anyway... I've had a craving for one.  They "come out of hiding" about this time of year but so far I've only seen caramel-and-nut covered apples... little ones.  Mass-produced. 

SO not interested.

But if I see a gourmet version around, watch out!  Because I don't know if I can keep a rein on my craving... Yum!

4 comments:

  1. I've never had a gourmet one, but they sure look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toffee Apples are a big Halloween treat in this part of the world - all the fruit shops are full of them at this time of year. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has those here...they are truly divine! My favorite is the one that has caramel, dark chocolate, white chocolate and then milk chocolate...oh, heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever tried them, gourmet or ordinary!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails