One of my snarky comments for years when someone has said, "I've got a question..." has been to reply, "I've got an answer, let's hope they match." Really...why say, "I've got a question", when you could just ASK the question? It particularly irked me when someone in a classroom would hold up their hand, get called on, and then start speaking with, "I've got a question..." Uh, hello? Isn't that why your hand was in the air?
Sorry, but I digress. Yes, I can be a little sarcastic... I'll try to curb that more. It was one of my traits that my mom was never fond of.
I have seen the following "questions" on various blogs, most recently at Sian's. It began at Copy+Paste, I discovered, at their weekend birthday party. I liked the open ended statements and thought it was a fun little game, kind-of like Mad-Libs, so here are my "answers" (in bolded italics):
- Everyone knows that I work more than one job but you'd never guess that my secret desire is to quit them all to write and publish several novels.
- I'm proud to admit that I like attending live theatre/live shows but my guilty pleasure is actually acting IN, or participating behind the scenes of, them.
- I'm inspired by nature and it surprises me when other people don’t see the things outside that I see automatically.
- I'm always late but I'm never a no-show.
- I've got lots of emotional baggage but I've always wanted to be a free spirit.
- I tried to be a mom, instead of a stepmom and it broke my heart.
- If I never lose all the weight I want to it will be disappointing but I’ll be okay.
- I didn't continue to be the “me” I discovered and loved during college after I graduated and now I’m having a very hard time finding her again.
- It's not that I don’t like a clean house but I'd really rather watch a movie, scrapbook or sleep.
- Doing jumping jacks makes me very bouncy.
- Someone once told me I was her kindred spirit and then she never spoke to me again. Ow.
- I'm happy to say that I’m turning 40 on Monday and even though I was depressed about it months ago, I’m looking forward to a “fresh, new” decade now.
KUDOS go out to Cheri, for winning the SFTIO blog hop giveaway. Cheri, ENJOY that kit full of paper & embellie goodness! Let me know what you think when you receive it!
Yes, yes... the photo of the red hair is coming soon. I promise!