September 9, 2010

It's the Little Things (Redux)

It’s the little things we do and say
That mean so much as we go our way,
A kindly deed can lift a load
From weary shoulders on the road,
Or a gentle word, like summer rain,
May soothe some heart and banish pain,
What joy or sadness often springs
From just the simple little things.
~ Willa Hoey ~


I have posted this poem previously, but I had to bring it back today.  It is a poem that runs through my head, quite often.  It really is the little things we do or say that mean so much as we go our way!  Today I am so grateful for several "little" things that really became "big things" in my heart.
  • Thank you for my stepmom who wrote me an email today and gave me a compliment out of left field, and had some lovely wishes for me that I wish too!  It was nice to have someone sharing their feelings about me to me, and they were very uplifting.  I kind-of floated along in my day after that.
  • Thank you for my husband for many reasons today that I wish to not say here and now.  Just because. 
  • Thank you for a friend who emailed me today when she was feeling low, asking me to listen and perhaps respond (which I did excessively, I think)... it was good to feel needed like that and I'm glad I could be a friend that she would think of to come to when need be. 
Perhaps they were all things that are "normal" and happened "in passing", but I'm so grateful to have experienced them, been aware of them, and learn a little bit more about myself in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Kai - I'm so happy for you - it sounds like you had a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely :-) It's so good to look out for those blessings and be extra aware of them! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails