February 23, 2010

Sweet-N-Salty


Once upon a time a person I knew used to bring these scrumptious super-deluxe chocolate covered pretzels into the store where I work. I loved them.  They were the perfect mix of sweet and salty.

Then she quit.  And I cried.

I missed the pretzels.

But her words echoed in my head: "they're super easy to do".  So I made them.  I made them again and again. I took some to family events, holiday parties and potluck lunches at work.

A few weeks ago, someone sidled up to me at the office and said that she remembered these "super yummy fancy chocolate covered pretzels" that were at this annual training event.  She said, "they really helped us get through it!".  Yes, yes... I'll make them for you again.

And so I did.  With The Hubs' help. We made these.



And these.



And this was The Hubs' masterpiece... three pretzels in one mean chocolatey package.



More than enough for both of us to take plenty to work and share tomorrow.



What a time for me to stop eating sugar!  (Yes, I had an M&M or three, and I licked my fingers once... but otherwise, I stayed true).

Sweet-n-salty.... Mmmmmmmmmm.

(PS> If you didn't read yesterday's post, please do... and leave me a comment about your giveaway preference.  Giveaway is tentatively slated to happen this weekend!)

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....I haven't had one of those in years! Years I tell you! Perhaps I will need to make some for ACFAS??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you cover the pretzel with dark chocolate, it doesn't count as sugar (okay, that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Now... how about the recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, those look good! You only had a few M&M's? You are a better woman than I! If confronted with ALL THAT CHOCOLATE, I would have caved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you have a will of STEEL! How did you not devour them!! I am in awe of you... salty and sweet is my achilles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is absolutely, positively NO WAY I would have been able to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Superwoman GO!! First of all you MADE these pretzels - that's just FANTASTIC! But to RESIST them; now that's EXTRAORDINARY.
    I can taste them through cyber space. Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails