February 5, 2010

Out My Back Window



This morning when I woke up there was no snow on the ground.  Maybe a bit in parking lots where it had been plowed up, but otherwise... no snow.

Then, about 10am, it started to fall.  I watched it... little flakes, but lots of 'em.  11:30, the flakes were big and sloppy wet.  I cold tell the roads were getting slushy.  2pm the cars in the parking lot were covered completely and the trees had beautiful inches of snow on the branches.  4:30pm I was home, soaking wet from the humungous wet flakes falling outside.

I LOVE it.

One of my sisters recently sent me a new bird feeder as a belated Christmas gift.  After I braved the nasty roads home, I spent a few moments looking out my back window at the gorgeous snowflakes falling.  I also could not help but notice 12 or 14 birdies fighting for seats on the one lonely bird feeder I already had out there.  So, I filled my new gift and set it outside so that there could be more room at the inn.

Then I sat by my back window and within a few scant minutes, this is what happened:

No Birdies (My sister's new feeder gift is in the foreground)



One Birdie...



MORE Birdies!!







And someone who liked hangin' around...



And my special guest for the evening (so glad I caught him on camera)...



D'ya know what's odd about my having bird feeders and taking photos of the company that visits them?

I'm terrified of birds!

2 comments:

  1. it's starting to look like our back feeders...nice pics..now get back to work on that scrap cubby LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My backyard looks much the same right now - minus the bird feeders. What great birdie photos you got!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails