For over a week now I have been making lists (in my head) of things… things I need to do, things I need to buy, things I need to cook, things I need to make, things I need to tell my friend or The Hubs or the Boy, things I need to remember, things I need to remind The Hubs about, things I need to blog about, things I need to mail, things I need to email, things I should do to be healthy, things I shouldn’t do to be healthy, things I need to collect, things I need to photograph, things I need to donate, things I need to throw away, things I should eat, things I shouldn’t eat…so many things to think about that I am utterly exhausted. EXHAUSTED!
So, whenever my mind is overactive like this I try to put it down on paper…uh, when I finally realize it’s overactive, that is. I figure if I have it down on paper, I won’t need to think about it anymore. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn’t (especially when I lose the paper and then get mad because I should have just kept repeating it in my head). Over time, the “things” become much more negative, and that becomes more tiring. It has taken me 10+ days to get here, but I finally realize that it’s time to let “things” go. I have to write “things” down and if I lose the paper, so be it. This is my one-little-word year of Release after all… and so far I don’t feel that I’m doing very well at it.
Anyhoo… time to get my mind back on the right track. I have begun to write down some of the things above, and I have begun to let go some of the other things that just spin around in my noggin. But, to celebrate lists, I thought I’d take a cue from my friend Nancy and share a few fun lists with you today:
- Water. I love water. I love drinking water, I love swimming, I love touching water, I love, love, love water. It makes me happy.
- A sunny day with a cool breeze (like today)
- Music – specifically “my” music.
- My furbabies… 2 dogs and 4 cats that make me so happy!
- Clouds in the sky that form shapes that only I can see.
- My new scrapbook room… I’m not over the novelty of having so much space yet. Still rearranging and organizing, but that makes me happy too! And while I haven’t shown a whole lot of what I’ve been doing, I’ve been down there creating way more often than when everything was in my bedroom corner!
- Walking in the park with my friend C-Tina… haven’t been doing it much lately and I do miss it.
- Email. Sending and receiving “real” emails make me happy.
- LOST. I will be very sad when it ends but my anticipation of all the questions getting answered is practically tangible!
- The smell of paper… even regular office or school notebook paper. Magazines, books, scrappy supplies…I love the smell of paper and printing on paper. Smelling paper puts a smile on my face. Guess it’s a good thing I like papercrafts huh?
5 Pieces of Trivia About Me
- I am a compulsive corrector. If someone says something wrong (mispronounces a word or uses incorrect grammar), I often correct them before I can stop myself. My kids hate it when I do it and The Hubs mostly tolerates it. I don’t mean to be a jerk about it, but it really bugs me. Especially when someone (like one of the kids) consistently and constantly says something that is wrong. It makes my skin crawl. I try to hold back… really I do! Except with my kids… if an adult (parent, teacher, stepparent in my case) doesn’t take the time to ensure kids are speaking and writing in a correct manner, how will they ever know?
- I say “excuse me” when I burp, even if no one is around to hear.
- My heart hurts when I see animals dead by the side of the road. I am so sensitive to it that I have finally had to come up with a “be peaceful now” type prayer to say when I see them so I can feel better and stop obsessing over how that animal felt when it got hit. Yeah, I’m pretty sensitive. And weird.
- I’m a closet bohemian spirit. Sometimes “she” gets out. Mostly not.
- I yearned to be a gymnast when I was a kid, but never pursued it because of my (perceived) weight issues. That, and I couldn’t even do a headstand in Acrobatics class.
How 'bout you? Got any lists you'd like to share?