April 17, 2010

Keep A Breast...

I'm short, so it's hard to get a good "aerial' shot, but if
you look toward the top of the photo you'll see the "wave" of people.

I am walking in the Susan G. Koman 5k Race for the Cure on May 15th.  This will be the second time I have done this.  Last year was my first and it was...amazing!  A sea of pink that stretched for MILES!  I was afraid I would be "left behind" because I am so out of shape and not a fast walker... but nobody is left behind in this event.  It is an experience that still leaves me searching for the right words to describe it.  Some things that stick out in my memory:
  • The runners were returning across the finish line before I was able to cross it to get started... there were that many people!
  • The number of men there was amazing... very, very, very cool (The Hubs was there, and he's going again this year with me).
  • People on their balconies cheered us on as we walked through the streets.
  • I got to see the elephants from the circus, which was in town... and they were outside as we passed by where the circus was showing.
  • Bikers for a Cure were awesome ... along the last mile they line the road with their motorbikes running and rev their engines as women pass.  Very cool... uh, except for the exhaust!
Anyway... if you ever have a chance to join this event in your town, I strongly encourage you to do so.  I'm not the type of person who asks people for donations...I know everyone has it rough in these times especially.  So consider this just an announcement for moral support... and if you want to donate a buck or two to "keep a breast" cancer research, click the breast cancer ribbon under my profile picture in the right-hand column -->

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. Good for you joining in! Some of my friends participate every year. I always have been stuck working. I'm hoping that will change soon though! Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you :-) I applaud you and everyone who takes part! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails