April 29, 2010

Crafty...at Work

Just sharing that although I've not been posting much regarding crafty projects, I have had to create for my crafty job at the store.  I say that as if it was a boring ol' job, or something.  I have to say, it is a great perk to teaching and working part-time at a scrapbook store! Sadly, it's not something I go home with (unless I recreate it), but hey, it's still part of me, right?

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of the cards from my last card class at the store, now that it has passed,   just to prove to you that I have carved out some time to create, even if it hasn't been "for me".  Boy, do I miss that!



Happy Father's Day.  I love this card.  It's so clean and simple, yet, pretty darn masculine. I  have to say that because I struggle with "masculine" cards. I love bling and flowers too much!  It consists only of cardstock with a bit of old Basic Grey patterned paper.  Oh, and brads.  This card is actually quite heavy for all the layering.  I suppose that makes it more "manly". It's sturdy AND it has metal on it!  How much more "manly" can you get?  The layers continue inside the card but, *sob* I don't have a photo of that.



Happy Mother's Day.  Butterflies are all the rage this year, aren't they? I  couldn't resist when I was pulling supplies for this card.  Cardstock and American Crafts patterned paper.  What better way to thank your mom for giving you wings than this butterfly card?  I love how bright it is too.



You Did Dandy!  Cardstock and GCD patterned paper.  The card series was a "Celbrate Those You Love" theme.  So how about a lovely little "You did it!" card to celebrate some special accomplishment.  Well, along with butterflies, dandelions also seem to be the hot ticket, and here I am following along.  I love this card though.  Plus anything that lets me use my DYMO label maker is bonus! 

I actually ended up using my dymo on three cards in this series, but sadly, you only get to see pictures of three.  The other three were "Oh the Places You Will Go" for a graduate, a generic "Congratulations" and a "Two Hearts, One Love" wedding wishes.  I finished creating them on a different day in a different place that did not include my camera. 

Most of my cards, as you can see, are pretty simple.  I'm a big believer in the "less is more" on cards, for some reason, and teach to that.  Someday I'm going to force myself to really junque up a card to see if I can get myself on that side of the fence. 

Hmmm... I wonder if I can.

1 comment:

  1. Love your style Kai! That is something I could actually re-create on my own.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails