But last year, I decided to choose one little word for 2009. Do. I talked about it here and here. And after a great deal of thought and deliberation, I have decided to choose another "one little word" for 2010:
I want to release all of the horrible thoughts and memories that circle around in my head, poisoning how I think and act today. I want to release my unrelenting grip on memorabilia that clutter up my home and life. I want to release myself from self-imposed rules that do me no good. I want to release my healthy inner soul from my overweight, unhealthy prison of a body. I want to release my emotions more on my layouts in the spirit of Scrapbooking from the Inside Out. I want to release my cyncism about human nature as a whole. I want to release myself from feeling that I am responsible to control or guide my husband's and kids' lives.
To help me work toward my one little word, here are six things I am resolving to do:
- Play the Wii every night that I don't work at my second job - minimum of 4 nights a week.
- Scrapbook at least 15 minutes (releasing the "need" to finish what I start) at least 4 nights every week.
- Take more walks outside - with my camera of course!
- Continue my goal from last year to read one book a month. I have really enjoyed this "release" from reality and everyday life
- Be a better correspondent. Perhaps if I wrote/emailed/talked to my friends and family more, I would not allow old conversations and interactions to echo so loudly in my head and influence current feelings.
- Continue to work toward getting 8 hours of sleep a night. I'm up to an average of 7 now, from an average of 4-5. I'd love to get into a steady pattern of 8 hours of zzzzzz's a night.
Oh... and by the way... keep reading. Someday soon, I'm going to do a fun li'l giveaway. I haven't gotten my head wrapped around what it is I want to do... but it will be fun scrapbooking/cardmaking stuff when I get to it!