November 23, 2010

The Straw


I have to say that my life and the world around me has been... challenging... of late.  Without going into too many personal details that I'm not yet ready to share, suffice it to say that there are many beings, two legged and four legged alike, that have some serious health issues. I have been dealing with one for several months; two others for the past month and I found out about one today which has broken my heart.

You know how you can keep things together until someone asks you sincerely, "How are you?"  I was doing fine. A few tears here, a cranky comment there. 

Then, tonight while eating a simple pretzel with some dip... not even a hard sourdough type pretzel... I bit into something that wasn't pretzel.  I spit it out to see that it was a piece of my tooth.  Half of one of my teeth, to be specific.  Yes, I broke my tooth on a friggin' pretzel.

That was IT.  It was the straw that broke this camel's back.

Life just sucks right now.  I'm sorry. It just does.

7 comments:

  1. aww sorry to hear things aren't great for you. when I feel sad I always remember it isn't a permanent thing and to experience the highs of life, unfortunately you have to experience the lows. this phase will pass and you'll see sunshine on the other side soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai - so sorry to hear this! Yes, life really does SUCK right now for you. Breathe into it and repeat "this too shall pass." {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't it always seem that all the bad things come together? So sorry you are having a tough time, hope that things start to improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about breaking a tooth that is just SUCH a downer. I'm with the others in really hoping that things start to look up for you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot think of a GOOD time to break a tooth...but to add that to all else just sucks!!! So sorry Kai!!! SENDING YOU HUGS AND PRAYERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's terrible. I was going through some health issues a few years ago (thankfully nothing really serious) and the same thing happened to me. I was driving along and a piece of something was in my mouth (don't even think I was eating anything) and a piece of my tooth (about the size of a grain of rice) had come out. I couldn't believe it. I felt like I was 40 and suddenly everything was falling apart. Was it time for a new warranty or something? Shocking! Sorry you are going through the same thing. I hope all turns around very, very soon. Taker care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it all seems to come at once, I hope things start improving soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails