November 20, 2010

Keepin' Busy...


I was totally unprepared for this retreat that I'm on.  I think I was a little down because it is the last retreat that my store is hosting.  It's somewhat bittersweet because to be honest, I'm burned out (as is my "partner" who has been lead "camp girl" longer than I've been co-host).  It's a lot of work and we've been doing it together, twice a year, for 4 (?) years now. 

So, I came with a buncha stuff, but no real plan.  I have kits made up from previous retreats... haven't touched 'em.  What  have I been doing? 

Well, I have been keeping busy.  I have been chatting with the other scrappers, eating at the Amish restaurant, shopping, browsing Amish goods (too expensive for me) using Stickles on practically everything, watching a ton of movies, taking photos of the gorgeous hotel and, so far, teaching one class. 

Oh,  and I have puttered around with my scrap stuff a little.  I've made a few Christmas/holiday cards.  I've just been picking out a few things to play with... flocked paper, crackle paint, Stickles (did I mention that before?), ribbon, stamps, Cuttlebug embossing... and I've made a whopping (sit down before I take your breath away) eleven cards so far.

Here are a few as proof that I did get crafty over the past few days:










(Apologies to those of you who read my blog who are on my card list... it might not be a surprise if you get one of these, but hey, you never know... I've got two more days to keep getting crafty.)

4 comments:

  1. Some days are just like that. We can't always be super productive. Be sure to read my blog before tomorrow. I'm doing a book round-robin that I don't want you to miss out on if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you were pretty productive to me and sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to sit back and relax a bit, and let others do the busy stuff. Looks as if you have been quite busy enough - I like the Christmas cards (and love the Stickles - it's my favourite too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, I especially love the embossed snowflakes.

    Somedays your creative Meuse disappears but it always comes back :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails