August 25, 2013

Puttering...

This weekend was a "puttering" weekend.  It started out with The Hubs and I heading to Lowes Home Improvement and buying paint and other sundries needed to finish renovating the guest room ... the room that used to be The Boy's.

Before we starting painting, though,  a few other things grabbed our attention... the light fixture HAD to come down, and then the holes patched. The carpeting - nasty and gross - HAD to come up, along with the carpet padding.  Then... the tile... the crappy, barn-red tile that apparently is under every carpeted space in this house including our uncarpeted, basement floor.  As The Hubs was taking up the carpet tacks, this tile started to splinter and pop up.  So... it, too, HAD to come out.  Needless to say, painting has yet to occur.  But it feels good to be ready to go...NOW.

After a day of home improvement puttering, and freezing my own corn...




I took today to putter around in my craft area.   I so easily get frozen with "can't do it well" so I don't do it at all.  Today I decided to just putter.  Putter, putter, putter.

To warm up, I did a little decoupage with a paper napkin on a wooden "table tidy" holder.  I love using napkins!







That took a lot less time than I had figured, so I pulled out some stamps that I'd bought a few weeks back and decided to play with my relatively newly purchased Spectrum Noir pens.



I really, really, REALLY need more lessons and practice/work on blending and shading.  I sucketh.  But... it just takes time, right? And active time, not just sitting around waiting to get better while twiddling my thumbs time.  :)

After all of this coloring, I was a little tired.  So I just made one of them into a card and called it a night.




Nothing fancy, nothing super productive.  But time creating.  That's what I need to do more of, right?

Now I've gotten myself into a writing challenge, so I must go and spend some time brainstorming on two short stories.  If I think they're any good, maybe I'll share them here.  :)

Did you have a good weekend?  Any creative time for you?



1 comment:

  1. I love playing with napkins too! Some of the ones you sent me previously have ended up on art journal pages for the "Being Me" course. No creating or playing for me last weekend. I spent all day Saturday (literally 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.) driving and moving younger two daughters into college and all day Sunday (again quite literally) cleaning, doing laundry, making beds. Three beds stripped down to the mattresses and everything washed - sheets, blankets, fleece throws... Rachel and Becca are the worst kind of pack rats - they don't throw anything away, including old receipts, tags off their new clothing, etc. Cleaning their room was exhausting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails