August 10, 2013

Improvements...

Today was a home improvement day.  Lots of projects started at our house, but none too many finished.  Then, on top of it all, our garbage disposal quit on us last weekend.  So... today was a "get up, get out, get it bought, get home, get it done" day.

Just a boring ol' day in the life of a homeowner.  At least I got a new, working garbage disposal out of it.  That's fun.

Except this mess is not boring, nor is it fun...



That is the bedroom we are renovating after The Hubs took a sander to it and sanded the walls down.

Beauteous.

Tomorrow he is tackling the bathroom, which also needs to be sanded.  I'm sure it will be a lovely mess as well.

But I'm not dwelling.  Because... then we can PAINT!

And then we can move the spare bedroom stuff into the renovated bedroom (after we get the flooring in, of course, but I'm jumping ahead because I'm excited)...  and THEN we get to renovate the OTHER bedroom... AND THEN it becomes my new scrappin'/art space!  I'm so, super, duper excited about this!

I have a great space now, as you may have read about previously, when we moved me downstairs, a few years ago, into The Hubs' "man cave".  Also, I mentioned my space when we added my new slat wall.  It's a good space.  A great space!

But you know what?  It's always dark down there... and often sounds like Football... and that's really stoppering up my creative Chi.  I will have less room upstairs, but... I think things will flow so much better with windows and light and No Football!   So I'm SO EXCITED to be moving upstairs.

Eventually.


But first we have to clean up this mess.




Anyone want to come help?

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to come help. Unfortunately, too busy here cleaning up my own messes as we work at renovating the basement (previously "finished" now being entirely redone) and getting two kids ready for college - just two weeks til we move them out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails