December 22, 2009

Twisted Humor - Part Deux

As my last post indicated, I was exhausted this weekend after making cookies.  Sunday was not relaxing either, as we had company all day and then I worked 6-midnight.  Too little sleep last night as I got up for work this morning and... at 12:05am right now... it looks like another short night of sleep.  I plan to remedy this on Tuesday night.

But first, I thought I'd share a tradition that was adopted by my family the first year I ever made Christmas cut-outs.  It is a tradition that I did not really like at first, but now... hey, if you can't change 'em, love 'em and leave 'em.  And I do... I love them while I am baking the cookies, and then I leave them while they frost and decorate them.

Because, you see, my family likes to decorate Christmas cut-out cookies... uh... non-traditionally.

Have a look at Exhibit A:



And... how about Exhibit B:





I have two questions for you:

1)  Overall, what do you see?  How did my loving and talented family destroy these innocent cut-outs?

2)  What do you think my son is pointing at in the second photo?

Again, I remind you.  My family has a twisted sense of humor. This "tradition" has never changed... but at least now, after years of my pleading, they give me one or two "plain" cookies so I'm not completely at a loss.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you some details...

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it. I have no idea what he is pointing to, but is that a shark/fish made out of a christmas tree in the first photo in the bottom left hand corner? Too much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the poor sawed-in-half gingerbread man and the Christmas tree on fire, I'd have to yes, your family does have a twisted (but fun) sense of humor. No clue what that "thing" is - some kind of ray gun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at a loss too. I keep turning my head in all directions to see. But I DO like the bleeding gingerbread men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No idea what your son is pointing at, but those colours look just like my DD's cookies lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL this is awesome...twisted or not...its awesome...
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails