Here's a teeny, tiny sample of what runs through my head on a daily basis (yes, daily)...
- What desserts am I making for Thanksgiving this year?
- What desserts am I making to give away to friends or take in to work to share?
- What will be the menu?
- Do I try something different or stick with the old stand-bys?
- Will I get a big enough turkey? (Keep in mind we usually only have 4 or 5 of 'us' at Thanksgiving, but The Hubs is a HUGE turkey lover so we gotta get the biggest bird I can find.)
- Do I have enough Christmas cards made? Should I make more?
- Should I get a head start on next years cards?
- What should I do for my sisters this year (often I do nothing, sometimes I get inspired)?
- Will I get "home" near Christmas at all? (Usually, that would be a "no".)
- I need to get letters to Santa printed off, like yesterday.
- Do I allow myself to go over budget this year or am I sticking to it hard core?
- What can I get on deals... whoops, I have no idea what people want so it's overdue to get letters for Santa up.
- What do I want?
- I need to update my finances and budget so I know what I can do, when.
- What cookies will I bake this year?
- What crazy decorations will the family do to my poor cookies this year?
It's enough to make a girl say, "CALGON! Take me away!"
But it's not stressful. I am loving the feeling. The anticipation. The wonder of what will happen next.
I'm ready for the scents and sights and sounds of the season. I'm ready for the change of pace. I'm ready for the various days off from work. I'm ready. I have lots to do... but I'm ready.
Are you feeling it? How does it feel for you?