February 13, 2011

Happiness...

Happy Valentine's Day!




Since The  Hubs never reads my blog, I can safely post this, even though he hasn't received it yet.  I made it for him tonight (yes, I'm a last-minute Lucy) while he was sitting less than 10 feet away from me watching TV.  I love doing things like that, when he has no idea what I'm doing!  :)

It's a little explosion book, that I've seen done but have never attempted until now.  While I was browsing around my newly cleaned-out Google Reader, I was enticed over to Paper Turtle where, at the time, Deb was showing a mini-book she'd made for her husband.   I browsed down a few posts and saw her tutorial for this explosion book, and decided it was perfect for a little mini-book Valentine for my Hubs this year.  Thanks Deb, for the inspiration and the push to make this.

I'd show you the insides, but by the time I was done, I had already written all my little love notes inside and, well, I guess they're just for his eyes only.  I'll let you just imagine...

I hope you share some love with someone special in your world today!

4 comments:

  1. Kai, that is so CUTE! I love it and I'm sure your DH will too.

    Thanks for the note about the instructions on Deb's blog. I will go and look (must have missed that post)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope hubs enjoys it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am SO happy that you used my tutorial to make an explosion book! Knowing that at least one person made one makes the tutorial process worth it for me. haha! :o) I just love the colors you used too.

    I had to laugh when I read that you put it together with him close by. My husband has learned not to ask - but he always does appreciate when I show him the final product. Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails