November 15, 2009

Off To See The Wizard...

Hey there friends!  The title to this post will make sense, I promise... just keep reading.  I guess I'm just feeling a little random today.

First of all, thanks so much to those of you who commented on my "stuck with no style" post. Y'all have given me some thoughts to think. Some thoughts already thunked (grin):

1) Do I need a style? Maybe my style is everchanging... and that's okay. Thanks Anthea, chksngr, Maria and Angela2932 ... I'm glad to know that others' feel that their style is undefined or evolving.

2) Scraplifting is an absolute... and it's not wrong. Thanks Cheri for helping me think of that... it's okay to have the "class du jour" style and then head back to my simple, collage type of scrapbooking.

3) I feel a relief to know that it doesn't come easy to me... thanks Sharyn and Angela for keeping me company there. It really is nice to know... because sometimes I start thinking these negative thoughts that if it doesn't come easy, why am I doing it? So, yes, good to know that I'm not alone. :)

4) And perhaps I DO have a style... I just don't see it. I think I might ask some friends who have seen me scrapbook and ask their opinion. Thanks Vicki (Me.....) and Angela for pointing out that I may not see it but others might.

Until I "find" my style... some things I'm going to work on:
  • Try to "let go" and just wander and "see what happens".
  • Look back at some old layouts and make a list of things I love and try to do those more often.  And do less of those things I don't like.
  • Just scrap in a way that makes ME happy.
And speaking of what makes me happy (here comes the title tie in... watch out...)

The Wizard of Oz has played no less than 3 times this weekend and I LOVE THIS MOVIE... so, I'm watching it (for the 3rd time)  as I post. This is the movie that always makes me think of Thanksgiving... which is when I remember it playing on TV as a kid.
So, some trivia for my favorite movie... and there's plenty with this one, I can tell you...

Did you know they cut a song and dance called The Jitterbug? In this clip they accidentally left a reference to it in the movie. The Wicked Witch sends the scary flying monkeys to get Dorothy, and one of her lines refers to the Jitterbug:

"...and send the little insect on ahead to take the fight out of them."

Check it out:


I never tuned into that line as a kid... I guess I wasn't into that detail.  But now when I hear it, just like all the other "mistakes", it makes me smile.

In case you're wondering what the Jitterbug song sounded like... here you go. Obviously since it was cut from the movie, it's not available in that format... but do a search on YouTube and you can find almost anything:



Recognize the voice?  Any old Batman series fans out there?  Or am I showing my age again?

Since The Wizard of Oz is a huge fave of mine... watch for more trivia (or not, if you don't want to spoil the "perfection" of the film for yourself)...

Okay, okay... enough for tonight.   Remember to let me know what you think - one page or two?  For now, I'm off to Oz... we've just reached the Emerald City...

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Wishing you good luck as you sort out your style :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails