November 4, 2009

Habits To Which I'm Hopelessly Devoted...

I don't like to admit it, but I am frequently a "habit" girl.  I love having a process to follow and then, once established, I have a hard time deviating.  When it comes to each day, I have certain things I do in a certain order... always following the same path.  If I don't, it just isn't "right".  And although many days I go from one job to another and have little "free time", my day would be incomplete if I didn't visit certain places before my head hits the pillow.  And... just because today is a good day to share favorites (right fellow Shimelle-class followers?), I thought one or two of you might also like some of the same things...




First and foremost, I MUST visit Scrapbooking from the Inside Out EVERY day.  Sometimes multiple times.  Often I log into the boards and just hang out.  Never heard of it?  Well, if you are a scrapbooker, you might find it an interesting twist on the "normal" scrapbooking you do every day.  SFTIO is all about scrapbooking the inner you.  Not just events and people, but emotions and thoughts.  It is the one thing that has made me want to scrapbook when for a long, long time, there was a hole... a gap... in this hobby/craft.  Thanks to my friend,  I found the site when it was one day old and I have never left.  It is a kit club, a very open and supportive community and a major source of inspiration.  Please... check it out!  You don't have to be a kit club subscriber to join in on the inspiration and challenges...trust me, I devote the biggest piece of my "spare time" here.  I can't say enough good stuff about it!  I am hopelessly devoted...

However, aside from SFTIO, who inspires me?  My friend who recently opened up an Etsy shop called Say Anything Creations.  Not only do I love her handmade cards, but she inspires me to go forth and try to do something I really love.  I'm a very reserved person, when it comes to "going for it", because I fear failure... but, I take many lessons from this gal.  By the way, if you like cards that are a little off-color and non-traditional, check out her Christmas Card set featuring quotes from the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

YouTube, while I don't visit there every day, brings me great pleasure as well... because it allows me to find things that I thought were lost to me... like this video of Morgan Freeman singing in The Electric Company which makes me smile, and smile, and smile!  I suppose I'm showing my age, but I can't help it.  I watch this often!  Look and see if you can't smile!  Or the Free to Be You and Me excerpts.  Anyone else remember this?  We watched it in school... in the 1st and 2nd grade, along with the movie that showed what to expect in the "future" (read: by the year 2000)... things like cars that flew and roads that automated and regulated traffic and space between cars.  And the other thing I frequent YouTube for?  Many and varied videos of scrappy tutorials, including for my Wishblade and my fave grungy designer, Tim Holtz.

And last, but most certainly not least... I find inspiration, humor and yummy recipes at The Pioneer Woman's site.  I visit every day and find PW to be extremely entertaining.  Plus, I love her photography section and have learned so much (and know there is so much more to learn) from her and the other particpants on her site.  I MUST get her cookbook and will be asking for one for Christmas.  Healthy food?  Not really...so many of her recipes have lots and lots of butter.  But it's irresistible!

I hope you enjoyed perusing some of the sites I am hopelessly devoted to... please share with me one of yours?  I'm always looking for new habits to form!

******************************************
As always, my blogging friends... I'm so glad you stopped by and commented yesterday and earlier today.  I have tried to visit each of your sites and leave you some props as well... if I haven't it's because I can't get to your site for some reason... I've tried!

3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I have never been to the Pioneer Woman website before, must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're list is so much fun (and not just cause you mentioned me)! :)

    I am so in love with YouTube recently, it's ridiculous. I spend the majority of my lunch breaks watching whatever I can find on there on my phone. I am sure the people around me think I am crazy, laughing to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! I'm an SFTIO GIRL too! Love Rachel and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails