September 19, 2011

A Little Crafty to Share

I was away for my scrapbook retreat this weekend.  I don't have enough time to share the details of the weekend (it was not all good), but I did want to quickly pop on by and share with you one layout I created, inspired by Cheri and her layout using the same quote.


It is something I need to embrace.  I often feel so much guilt at "playing", because I feel it is wasting time that I could have used doing something productive, like cleaning house.  For this reason, I have practically given up reading books this year (boo) because it "sucks up" so much of my time when I get absorbed.  I have also given up video games... something else I really enjoy but another time "sucker".  I haven't even played the Wii games Santa brought me last Christmas!  Well, one of the three I have, but not the rest.  How sad is that?

Ever since Cheri posted this quote, I have been carrying it around in my mind.  I need to absorb it and believe it wholeheartedly.  Hence, scrapping the layout so I could work on it for some time and have it ever present to remind me.

Bonus points for me - I finally used some of my Tim Holtz papers that I've been hoarding!  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. The video games improve your hand/eye co-ordination and keep your brain active - not a waste of time.

    Reading books gives enjoyment and improves your vocabulary - not a waste of time.

    Scrapbooking records your family history or your state of mind (cheaper than therapy) - not a waste of time.

    Being gentle with yourself - NEVER a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Bernice! What an encouraging comment!

    I agree, that we all need to have some "play time". It's just a case of not allowing it to become "all play" and "no work" really... I'm still trying to get the balance right myself.

    The page is fun and I love the little painted words up the side - also the cute owl stamp.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me likes Bernice's comment too!!! Me THREE!! (or four?)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails