August 2, 2009

10 Happy Things Today...


Sundays are typically mixed full of emotions. I have a love-hate relationship with Sundays. I'm not quite sure why, but it has been this way for as long as I can remember. For many years, I have cried on Sunday. Like clockwork. This was very perplexing to The Husband when we were first dating. "What's wrong?!" he'd say, frustrated. "I don't know," would come the blubbering reply.


Maybe it's because Sundays mean that Monday is nearing... and I waste the whole day of Sunday dreading that awful Monday. Maybe it's because Sundays are tied to being home with my parents and my father would watch football through his eyelids on our only TV and I'd be stuck sewing another mini-outfit for my Barbie knock-off doll. Maybe it's because Sundays meant early bedtimes again. I don't know.


Today is one of those Sundays when I didn't work, and we didn't have friends over, so it's been a pretty mellow day. Everyone is doing their own thing... and just now, I started to feel the tugging of tears... the downside of Sunday pulling on me. I don't want this, so today I'm listing out ten things that are happy TODAY...


(1) It is a beautiful day out today... low humidity, low heat, sunshine, no rain.
(2) I spent many hours last night and this morning compiling 6 music CDs - all 80's music!
(3) I finally talked with my son and it was a good conversation, without yelling.
(4) My husband fixed my dripping kitchen faucet.
(5) This big ol' fat kitty...
(6) The smell of clean laundry (although I'd give anything to have a clothes line again)
(7) My son brought home dinner from work for all of us tonight... so, no pressure to get dinner cooked.
(8) A list of goals to get done today and some are already crossed off!
(9) Writing in this blog...
(10) Inspired to work on some scrapbooking stuff... usually I'm not 'feeling it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails