August 24, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays

... you know how that ends... rainy days and Mondays always get me down. While I do love a good Carpenters tune, this is so not true for me. Sundays get me down. Mondays are yucky only because it's the end of a weekend "off" and "back to the grind" for those of us who have a "grind" to go to. But rainy days are soothing and mellow for me, although, too many in a row admittedly damper my spirits. But today... today was not raining... and it was simply a GREAT Monday! Some highlights:
  • My son is still talking to me.
  • I joined a wonderful team of strong, creative women... what else could be better?
  • I walked a mile (a little over) and feel so good and energized now.
  • I am blogging!
  • The cicadas are singing and I love that sound... soon, since the sun is setting the crickets will take over.
  • Two people were cutting their grass while I was walking and I love the smell of freshly cut grass!
  • Read an email from my sister which had an attachment from an aunt filled with remembrances of times when she was young, with my mom. What a great glimpse into my geneological history and someone's memories of my mom, aunt, uncle and grandparents.
  • I paid the balance of my scrapbooking retreat coming up in September.

I hope you had a great Monday... if not... I hope you had a Monday with some bright spots. Remember them. Hold on to them. They're what matter.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! It sounds like you had a really nice Monday. Those are always the best.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails