January 9, 2011

Friends

I had a weekend of friends.  I cropped with friends on Friday night.  I celebrated Christmas and New Years with two of my bestest buds on Saturday night.  And Sunday The Hubs and I had friends over to play games and eat and catch up (we haven't seen them since July!).

It was really nice.  It was really nice to see and recognize the duration of friendships I have.  One of these people has known me nearly as long as I've lived here.  The rest, well, they've known me seven years or longer.  That's a really nice feeling.  There's a security in that knowledge.   A warmth that crawls up from your gut and emanates out to your fingertips. 

I had such a good weekend. I think I enjoyed every stinkin' minute of it.  That's so rare for me... 

... and I want to thank them all, from the bottom of my heart for the laughs, the stories, the good-natured teasing, the creativity, the occasional name-calling, the food, the drinks, the laughs!, the hugs, the games, the compliments, the things they noticed that meant so very much...

it was fabulous!

I hope you had a grand ol' weekend a well! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time and need to spend more time hanging with your pals!

    How are things going with you on the quest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good weekend and so glad your life has been blessed with friends!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails