August 5, 2010

Discover Within...

This month's emotion at Scrapbooking from the Inside Out is Discovery.  Check out the kit:



This topic really calls to me because I'm always looking to discover Me.  I mean, I know me, but sometimes I feel like I'm really missing out on large pieces of Me.  Or, maybe not missing out but just haven't found those pieces.  So I'm excited to explore this month's emotion over at SFTIO. 

One of the things I love are quotes and inspirational sayings.  As it so happens, SFTIO puts up an inspiration page every month with quotes, music and more, and I love taking time to peruse it.  Here are some quotes that are listed out on SFTIO's inspiration that struck a cord in me tonight...

We discover in others what others hide from us, and we recognize in others what we hide from ourselves. Marquis de Vauvenargues

Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do, than what one can do. Lyn Yutang

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge. Daniel J. Boorstin

Mistakes are the portals of discovery. James Joyce

When we discover that the truth is already in us, we are all at once our original selves. Dogen

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates. Thomas Szasz

Seriously, go check it out!  There are so many more things to think about (and scrap about)!  What do you want to discover?

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful kit - it always is! :-) And thanks for pointing us towards the quotations xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm on a html discovery trail at the minute..I'd never have seen that one coming! (And thanks for offering to help out too)

    Excellent quotes

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails