January 8, 2012

One Little Word 2012

ACHIEVE


Thank you Ali Edwards for changing my perspective when it comes to New Year's Resolutions.  One Little Word is the way to go for me.  I love embracing a single word... a word that will shape me, define me, challenge me, lead me, reach for me, push me, pull me and allow me to be ... well, more.

My One Little Word for this year is really a HUGE word for me.  I am not a goal setter.  I don't ever feel like I reach things I wish to reach.  I rarely feel that sense of accomplishment that comes with seeing something through to the end that is meaningful to you. 

This year will be different.  This year, I want to define certain goals, and then break them down into little, achievable parts and THEN, take the most important step to actually doing those little pieces so I will see that measurable progress to reaching the end goal.  I will make defined plans, because (say it with me) "if you fail to plan,  you plan to fail".   I will create checklists and then read them every day and check off the items I have ACHIEVED.

2012 is a brand new year for me and at the end of it, I want to look back and be super proud of all that I ACHIEVED within it. 

I am excited.

I am motivated.

I am ready.

And I will be back soon to share more with you!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of OLW. My word for this year is FOCUS. Last year was Restore but I didn't feel I succeeded with that. I put a list at the beginning of the year of what I wanted from the year but didn't break it down into action steps. This year I've set gaols and action steps. Not all of them are SMART goals. I'm not sure you can measure friendship and things like that.

    I look forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Kai! You go girl! I know that this word will be an inspiration for you and you'll be astonished by the end of the year at all you have achieved!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails