January 20, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - The End.


Image from Amazon

Okay. I finished the book. I actually finished it last weekend but haven’t had a chance to get back here and post anything about it. I’m going to give it 3 out of 5 stars.



It was good; it had really good-pull-me-in-and-keep-me-turning-the-pages moments. In fact the central two-thirds of the book were like that. The first part of the book , as I said before, just didn’t capture me. The last few pages of the book, well, angered me. They pissed me off, actually. I was disgusted at the end, which felt unresolved. 

Of course I know there are two more books after this one. The book I read had a “sneak peek chapter” of the 2nd book. I glanced at it and realized that the two characters that left me those pissed off and unresolved feelings were also in the 2nd book, so… I will move forward and read it.  Hence the three stars.  If it had been 2.5 stars or less, I would not be going forward.

But if I get to the end of the 3-book series and still feel this way, I’m going to be royally fuming.

Anyway… the book I read was borrowed from a friend. She’s not one to keep books, plus her mother got it for her from Goodwill, thus she has told me to “pass it on”. Typically, if I’m not going to keep a book, I will release it into the wild. I’m fully intending to do just that, but I will send it on to anyone here who is interested. If more than one person requests the book by the end of the weekend, I’ll do a random drawing and pass it on. Otherwise, I’ll release it into the wild.

Next up: Book on CD called “Excuses Begone” by Dr. Wayne Dyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails