April 3, 2013

Fear of Failure

Historically, I have let fear of failure hold me back from way too many experiences and opportunities.  I struggle with it still.  A discovered a recent saying that has resonated with me and thought I'd share... for anyone else who struggles as I do...


"You've failed many times, although you may not remember.  You fell down the first time you tried to walk.  You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim, didn't you?  Did you hit the ball the first time you swung a bat?  Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times, but he also hit 714 home runs.  Don't worry about failure.  Worry about the chances you miss when you don't try."
-- United Technologies

1 comment:

  1. My response - my guiding thought for 2013 - "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the [wo]man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends [her]self in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if [s]he fails, at least fails while DARING GREATLY so that [her] place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say. Thank you for sharing yourself with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails